About Queen Creek
|Maricopa||1989||1,404 ft||42,503||25.8 sq mi|
About San Tan Valley
|Pinal||1,516 ft||90,665||36.7 sq mi|
From the post office form on file at the National Archives, Queen Creek was originally known as Rittenhouse, the community growing up out of a railroad stop. In 1919 the Queen Creek Farms Company was formed by C. H. Rittenhouse, constructing that railroad stop to ship the goods from the farm. As for the creek it takes its name from, Queen Creek, flowed through Queen Canyon and was named for the Silver Queen Mine, but it was originally called Picket Post Creek.
The Town of Queen Creek is primarily within Maricopa County, but the Town Limits also extend into Pinal County on the eastern and southern borders. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 25.8 square miles (66.8 km²), all of it land.
Primary and Secondary Education
- Queen Creek Unified School District
- American Leadership Academy Queen Creek Campus- K-6
- American Leadership Academy Queen Creek Campus- 7-12
- American Leadership Academy Ironwood Campus- K-6
- American Leadership Academy Ironwood Campus- 7-12
- American Leadership Academy Signal Butte Campus K-6
- Benjamin Franklin Charter School Crismon Campus- K-6
- Benjamin Franklin Charter School Power Campus- K-6
- Benjamin Franklin Charter School High School
- Cambridge Academy
- East Valley Institute of Technology
- Heritage Academy
- Chandler Unified School District
- Combs School District
- Coolidge Unified School District
- Florence Unified School District
- Higley Unified School District
- Legacy Traditional School
QUEEN CREEK PARKS & TRAILS
Desert Mountain Park – 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Founders’ Park – 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Skate Park: 7 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Splash Pad at Founders’ Park – March, April, Sept, Oct: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. May-August: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. Nov-Feb: Closed
Mansel Carter Oasis Park – 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Lake at Mansel Park – 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Splash Pad at Mansel Park – 7 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Wheel Friendly Plaza: 7 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Pocket Park for Pups – Mon, Wed-Sun: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. Tues: noon – 10 p.m.
Wash Trails – Sunrise to Sunset
San Tan Mountain Regional Park – Sun-Thurs: 6 a.m. – 8 p.m. Fri-Sat: 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Horseshoe Park & Equestrian Centre
LAW ENFORCEMENT & PUBLIC SAFETY
MCSO District 6 – Queen Creek Substation
20727 E. Civic Parkway Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Lobby Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Mon.-Fri.
FIRE & MEDICAL
22358 S. Ellsworth Road Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Office: 480-358-3360 Monday-Thursday, 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Fire Station #411
20678 E. Civic Parkway Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Fire Station #412
24787 S. Sossaman Road Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Fire Station #413
19159 E. Queen Creek Rd. Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Interim Fire Station #415
980 W. Combs Rd. Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Utility Services Department, composed of the Water and Sewer/Wastewater Divisions
22358 South Ellsworth Road Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Bill Payments Should Be Mailed To:
P.O. Box 64748 Phoenix, AZ 85082-4748
Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday: 7:00 a.m. – 6 p.m. Friday – Sunday: Closed
For after hours emergencies call (480) 358-3450